We will be hosting the Strengthening Families Programme at St Illtyd’s Catholic High School next term.
This is the second time we have hosted the programme and it is an excellent opportunity for parents and children to work independently and jointly on a range of typical issues that affect all families with youth in the pre-teen stages. The programme is for families with a child aged between 10 and 14 (Years 6 through to 9).
It is hoped that after the six weeks both the child and parent will be better prepared for the child’s progression into adolescence.
The project will start on Wednesday 26th April and continue for the next six Wednesdays from 5.00pm until 7.30pm. (Final session Wednesday 7th June). This includes a half hour break for refreshments. These timings may be adjusted to accommodate participating families.
The project aims to support parents in a range of typical and difficult family areas.
* Building parental strengths, showing love and setting limits
* Help pupils cope with peer pressure
* Increase parents’ confidence in setting boundaries
* Build confidence in young people
* Help pupils set goals and support their achievement
* Help pupils build skills to avoid alcohol and drugs
* Aid pupil transition into High School
* Support parents in helping their children have positive teenage years
To ensure a wide number of families can access the programme the following services will also be provided free of charge:
* Child care for younger children
* Help with transport costs
Please contact Luisa May on 02920778174 for an application form. I suggest you return your completed application form to the school as soon as possible as places are strictly limited.
This programme has been run in other areas of South Wales and has always had excellent feedback from pupils and parents so I highly recommend it to everybody who is able to attend.poster.doc st illtyds 2