St Illtyd’s has modern accommodation, which was completed and officially opened in 2003. However, we do not want to rest on our laurels so we regularly undertake maintenance and refurbishment projects to keep the buildings in a great condition and able to deliver a quality 21st Century education for all our students.
The school is fortunate to boast the following fantastic facilities:
– Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms and workshops
– 4 ICT Suites, all of which have the latest equipment
– 2 Laptop trollies for use in classrooms
– A wireless network throughout the school
– 6 Science laboratories
– 4 Technology workshops for Textiles, Food, Graphics and Resistant Materials
– 2 Art & Design rooms, with a pottery kiln
– A gymnasium, with changing facilities that were refurbished in 2012
– A multi purpose Sports Hall, with an upstairs fitness suite and its own changing facilities
– A suite of Music rooms which includes 2 classrooms, 3 practice rooms and a small ICT studio
– A Skills Base, created in 2012 to support our learners in developing key skills to enable access to the mainstream curriculum
– An eco garden, created at the back of the school in 2011 which includes a greenhouse made of plastic bottles and planters from recycled containers. This is maintained by the Eco Club and is used by the Science department in their teaching of Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship (ESDGC).